January Christmas


Several years ago I joined the splitcoast challenge to make Christmas cards through the year, after I spent half of december frantically making cards!  Now I love the making Christmas cards all year, getting to the end of the year and being able to send them out without a mad rush makes it much more enjoyable.  I also find that through the year it gives me lots of cards to play with whatever technique I am wanting to try out.  

For 2014 my personal goals are to make 55 color christmas cards and 30 B&W christmas cards, so I'm planning to do roughly 5 and 3 cards per month, so that I am all completed by the end of November. I play along and get inspiration at splitcoaststampers and Marks Finest Papers.

For January at splitcoast stampers the challenge was Peace, and I had a couple of ideas on how to include that in my cards.  For some reason I was also in a circle mood and ended up with a few different cards for my January set.



I started with the circle windows, because I had paper with the dove and wanted to create the different windows, did several of these for my b&w stack.  I did 3 of these which are a 1" circle, using SU! Modern Medley Dsp, vanilla and black.



Once I had done the b&w cards done I did with SU! Snow Festival Dsp, love how different papaers is a totally different look!  With all the circles around I then could see the peace card, and I stamped too many circles and ended up with enough for 2 once I added in some sparkle and letters so these came together really quickly :)

The other 2 are a SU! Top Note, with a circle cut to create a frame in a Cherry Cobbler piece of SU! Snow Festival Dsp, with the sentiments coming from SU! merry words.  The images are stamped on the white base, for SU! Dasher its in SU! chocolate Chip, which is also the brad.  For the dove, it comes from SU! Elements of style and is stamped in SU! Soft Suede. Playing around with them, in Dasher I raised the top note on some dimensionals, but both worked well. 

Very pleased to have started my christmas card stack so well, getting all my cards for Jan done will hopefully be the start of staying on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment